Cougars to battle two more ranked foes in Oregon
EUGENE, Ore. – The University of Oregon will be the site for BYU men’s tennis’ two matches this weekend. The Cougars (3-7, 1-0 WCC) will have a neutral site contest against No. 40 Texas Tech on Friday before playing No. 56 Oregon on Saturday.
Both matches will take place at Oregon’s Student Tennis Center. Attendance is free. Friday’s match begins at 4:00 p.m. PDT, with Saturday’s at 12:00 p.m. PDT.
- No live stream or scores will be available for Friday's match.
- Saturday – Live Scores
- The two matchups this weekend means BYU will have faced three-straight ranked opponents after playing No. 72 Utah last week.
- The Cougars will become conference foes with Texas Tech next season, with a move to the Big 12 coming this summer.
- BYU has used five different singles and six different doubles lineups so far due to various injuries and coaching decisions.
Texas Tech Notes
- The Red Raiders are 9-6 on the season and have won four straight, all of which were over ranked teams.
- Junior Olle Wallin leads the way at No. 1 singles with an 8-3 record. He is ranked No. 123 nationally and was named last week’s Big 12 Player of the Week.
- Seniors Dimitrios Azoidis and Reed Collier are No. 45 nationally in doubles.
- Series Record: Texas Tech leads 5-2
- Last Meeting: Texas Tech won 7-0 on March 8, 2014, in Albuquerque, N.M.
- The Ducks are 8-5 this season, including 7-2 at home.
- Oregon has the country’s eighth-best doubles team in senior Joshua Charlton and sophomore Quinn Vandecasteele.
- Quinn Vandecasteele and his brother, Luke, are natives of Murray, Utah.
- Series Record: BYU leads 7-6
- Last Meeting: Oregon won 7-0 on Feb. 24, 2017, in Eugene
BYU Director of Athletics Tom Holmoe has announced Zack Warren as BYU head men’s tennis coach.