BYU heads north to face No. 72 Utah
SALT LAKE CITY – BYU men’s tennis will face its first ranked opponent of the season on Saturday when the Cougars (3-6, 1-0 WCC) visit No. 72 Utah. Five of BYU’s next seven opponents are currently ranked in the ITA Collegiate Tennis Rankings sponsored by Tennis-Point.
- Two Cougars (Brigham Andrus, Redd Owen) are from the state of Utah, with just one on the Utes (Dylan Applegate) hailing from The Beehive State.
- Owen’s father, Brandon, played tennis for Utah from 1990-91 and 1993-96.
- Wally Thayne was a member of Utah’s team in 2019-20. He went 9-7 in singles.
- The Utes are 11-2 this season and 7-0 at home.
- Geronimo Espin Busleiman is ranked No. 54 in singles. Berk Bugarikj and Patrik Trhac are No. 21 in doubles.
- Utah is on a nine-match winning streak.
- Series Record: Utah leads 60-53
- Last Meeting: BYU won 4-1 on April 17, 2021, in Provo
BYU Director of Athletics Tom Holmoe has announced Zack Warren as BYU head men’s tennis coach.