Men’s tennis to host Weber State, Saint Mary’s in WCC opener
PROVO, Utah – BYU men’s tennis welcomes Weber State on Friday and Saint Mary’s on Saturday to the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts, with Saturday’s contest marking the team’s first West Coast Conference match of the season.
Both matches will begin at 11:00 a.m. MST. Attendance is free.
- Live Stream
- Live Scores – Weber State
- Live Scores – Saint Mary’s
- Driving and Parking Directions
- Media Guide
- Saturday’s match opens BYU’s 11th and final WCC season ahead of a move to the Big 12 on July 1.
- The Cougars are 52-34 in the WCC all-time. They have finished in the top-three six times and have 31 All-Conference honors in the WCC era.
- Friday’s match with Weber State marks the second-straight in-state contest for BYU. The program is 172-71 all-time against in-state foes.
- BYU has played Weber State consecutively each year since 2004. The Cougars are 19-0 during that stretch.
Weber State Notes
- The Wildcats are 3-3 on the season, with wins over New Mexico State, UC Riverside and Grand Canyon.
- Brad Ferreira is in his 11th season coaching his alma mater. His coaching record with WSU is 103-112.
- Weber State will host Saint Mary’s on Thursday before the two schools take turns visiting Provo this weekend.
Series Information - WSU
- Series Record: BYU leads 66-5
- Last Meeting: BYU won 6-1 on Jan. 22, 2022, in Ogden, Utah
Saint Mary’s Notes
- The Gaels are 1-3 on the season, with their lone win coming against Holy Names.
- Head coach Greg Kennett is in his eighth season.
- Seven of the 12 members of the Saint Mary’s team are underclassmen.
Series Information - SMC
- Series Record: BYU leads 9-4
- Last Meeting: Saint Mary’s won 4-1 on April 23, 2022, in Moraga, California
Wally Thayne has been named No. 12 in the Mountain Regional singles rankings for his 2022-23 season performance, the…