Cougarette Auditions — April 22-23, 2022
BYU Cougarette Auditions 2022
The Cougarettes are a competitive dance team. We are looking for elite level technicians, entertaining and strong performers and collegiate professionalism. BYU Cougarettes represent the BYU athletic department, the university and especially The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We need representatives who are mature, articulate and who love the art of dance, performance and competition.
Each Cougarette receives some scholarship money. Those monies will be distributed to the team members based on leadership and years on the team.
In order to audition, you must be admitted to BYU. Late submissions will not be accepted. Please wear modest dance attire and comfortable dance shoes/socks.
We are so happy to announce that we will be holding auditions IN-PERSON auditions at BYU this year, in Room 177 of the Richards Building.
If this year's dates are not possible for you to attend, please see our pre-audition option.
Submission Deadline — Monday, April 18, 2022
All applicants must submit the following checklist items before the deadline in order to audition for BYU Cougarettes.
- Pay the $40 audition fee
- Complete the Cougarette Audition Online Application
- The following information must be uploaded to the online application before submitting:
- Headshot — Attach in PDF format
- Dance Resume — Attach in PDF format
- Cougarette Release-Waiver Form — Download, complete and attach in PDF format
- Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form — All applicants must have a physical and medical release form completed and signed by an MD or DO in order to audition
- Physical Exam — If you are having a difficult time getting into a doctor, we can help arrange for a physical at BYU for $25. Contact Carolyn Billings at email@example.com
- Note that this release form should be brought in-person to your audition and not emailed or uploaded
- $40 audition fee receipt
- Attach the digital receipt to the email application as a proof of payment
- Provide two letters of recommendation — sent separately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your dance references (someone who has worked with you in a dance capacity). You are welcome to use this letter of recommendation template.
- As of now, no negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination will be required to audition. However, this is subject to change if university policy requires them for participation.
If you have been admitted to BYU and have completed the audition online application, you are ready to take a look at the BYU Cougarette Audition Process.
**Parts of the audition process will be filmed. However, those videos will not be shared and will be erased once audition results are posted.**
Announcement of the 2022-23 Cougarette Team
Monday, April 25, 2022
Each person who auditioned will be contacted individually via email and informed if they made the 2022-23 Cougarette team or not.
Important Forms, Resources and Links