Dani Kubik Wright
- Born in Brooklyn, New York
- Attended Collins Hill High School
- Has one brother and one sister
- Attended Auburn University for one season before transferring to BYU.
- High School team won back to back state championships as a junior and senior.
- At Auburn: Member of the team that won the WNIT...played in 32 games, averaging 2.9 ppg and 2.4 rpg.
Yr G/GS FG-FGA % FT-FTA % 3-pts % Pts. Reb. A. BL. St. TO 05 19/0 56-98.571 32-40.800 3-9 .333 147 77 8 18 8 44 06 32/32 130-238.546 78-115.678 5-14 .357 343 205 19 20 28 61 07 33/33 167-281.594 98-155.632 10-26 .385 442 223 27 25 14 100 TS 84/65 353-617.572 208-310.671 18-49.367 932 505 54 63 50 205
BYU Hall of Fame
Sophmore Year 2004-2005
- Led the team in field goal percentage, netting 56 out of 98 attempts for a .571 average
- Finished fifth in three-point percentage, hitting an average of .333
- Made 32 out of 40 free throw attempts for a .800 average, fourth best on the team
- Fifth leading scorer, averaging 7.7 ppg
- Recorded 4.1 rebounds per game, fourth best on the team
- Led the team in blocked shots in nine games, scoring in two games, rebounds in two games and steals in one game
- Against conference opponents she was second in the conference in free throw percentage at .867 and sixth in blocked shots as 0.92.
- Played in 19 games after becoming eligible on Dec. 30
- Sat out a year after transferring from Auburn
- Picked up a career and season high 14 points @ San Diego State on 3/05/05
- Named MWC Player of the Week on 02/07/05 for her performance in the league games vs. SDSU And UNLV where she tallied 14 points in each game, she also had season and career high's with seven rebounds and she was also perfect from the free throw line in the two games
Junior Year 2005-2006
- Ranked first on the team in field goal percentage .546 (130-238)
- First in offensive rebounds with a 2.8 rpg and first in blocked shots with a total of 22 for an average of 0.6 per game. In the free throw category finished first in both free throws made and attempted and was the team's second leading scorer with 10.7 ppg.
- Finished second in rebounds with an average of 6.4 boards per game and second in defensive rebounds with a total of 115 for an average of 3.6 per game
- Ranked fourth on the team in steals with a total of 28 for a 0.9 average
- Placed first in the league in field goal percentage .546 (130-238)
- In the MWC also ranked 11th in rebounding with a 6.4 rpg and 16th in scoring with 10.7 ppg
- Started in all games
- Tallied her second season and career double double with 24 points and 10 rebounds in the semifinal game vs. TCU of the MWC tournament on 03/10/06, the 24 points were also a new season and career high
- Picked up her first season and career double double with 10 points and 10 rebounds @ SDSU on 02/20/06
- Scored in double figures in a total of 18 games
- Grabbed a season and career high 14 rebounds vs. SDSU on 01/21/06
- Recorded a team and game high 11 rebounds @ Utah on Jan. 7, 2006
- As of 01/09/05 had grabbed a total of 77 rebounds (as many as she had all of last season, starting to play at the end of December)
- Tallied a season high three steals vs. Portland on 12/30/05
- Tallied 22 points @ CS Northridge on 11/19/05 and had nine rebounds @ Stony Brook on 01/30/05.
Senior Year 2006-2007
- 2007 AP Honorable Mention All-America
- Started in all games
- Named MWC Player of the Year
- Surpassed 1,000 career points with a total of 1,014 as of 03/10/07
- Total career points include one year at Auburn and two and half years at BYU
- Picked up new season and career highs in points with (30) at UNLV on 02/21/07 and in that same game had three steals for a new season high and tied her career record
- Ranked first on the team in .594, field goal percentage, free throw attempts with 155 for a 4.7 average, and free throws made with 98 for a 3.0 average
- Toped the list on the team in rebounds with a 6.8 average and in offensive rebounds with a 3.2 average for a total of 105 on the year
- Finished as the team's second leading scorer 13.4 and was first in rebounding with an average 6.8
- In MWC games only, finished third in scoring with a 15.1 average, fifth in rebounding grabbing an average of 7.4 boards per league game, placed second in field goal percentage, 10th in blocked shots and first in offensive rebounds
- In all MWC games placed ninth in scoring, first in field goal percentage, sixth in rebounding, and second in offensive rebounds and vs. UC Riverside on 12/20/06 had a field goal percentage of (.733, 11-15)
- Recorded her fifth season and seventh overall double double with 11 points and 12 rebounds vs. Utah on 02/28/07 ... in that game the 12 rebounds were a new season high
- Tallied her fifth season and sixth career double double with 21 points and 11 rebounds vs. AFA on 02/08/07
- Picked up her third season and fourth career double double with the 21 points and 10 rebounds in the game @ Utah on 01/27/07
- Picked up second double double and fourth overall with 12 points and 11 rebounds @ UVSC on 12/16/ 06, the 11 rebounds tie her season high
- Tallied first double double of the season and third overall with the 16 points and 11 rebounds in the game @ NMST on 12/06/06 ... in that same game the 16 points were team and game highs
- Named to the 2006 Preseason WNIT All-Tournament Team
- Played 35 minutes vs. Stanford on 11/10/06 the longest ever for her career
- Scored in double figures in 23 of 33 games and of those, 13 were against MWC opponents including the last seven.
Medical Redshirt Year