Cougars face Broncos Wednesday night
PROVO, Utah – BYU men's basketball returns to action on Wednesday, Dec. 9, as the Cougars host Boise State in the Marriott Center at 7 p.m. MST.
The game will be televised live on BYUtv (DirecTV: 374, DISH: 9403) and the BYUtv app. The game will also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (5-1, 0-0 West Coast Conference)
- The Cougars are off to a 5-1 start, including a win at Utah State last Saturday. BYU is shooting 45.8 percent from the floor as a team and are averaging 78.3 points per game.
- BYU is led by Alex Barcello who is averaging 19.2 points and 3.3 assists per game. Barcello has scored 115 point in six games and entered the week No. 2 in the nation in points scored.
- Purdue transfer Matt Haarms has started the last three games for BYU, grabbing 10 rebounds and blocking 10 shots in those games.
- BYU leads the all-time series with Boise State 9-5. The teams last met in 2019-20, for the first time in 11 years, with Boise State winning in overtime 72-68. Boise State is 1-6 all-time in the Marriott Center.
- BYU returns its top two rebounders from last year’s contest in Kolby Lee (7) and Barcello (7) but lost its leading scorer in Jake Toolson, who scored 19 points.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 106-65 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 29-9 (2nd)
Boise State Notes (2-1, 0-0 Mountain West)
- Boise State is 2-1 to begin the season with wins over Sam Houston State and College of Idaho and a loss on the road to No. 17 ranked Houston.
- During the 2019-20 season, Boise State gave BYU its second loss of the year after a 72-68 result in overtime in Boise.
- The Broncos return its leading scorer and rebounder from last year’s contest in Derrick Alston, who scored 26 points and pulled down 11 rebounds.
Head Coach – Leon Rice
- Alma Mater: Washington State, 1986
- Division I Career Record: 200-129 (11th Season)
- Record at Boise State: 200-129 (11th Season)
- TV: BYUtv (DirecTV: 374, DISH: 9403)
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv App
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…